"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.”Fuck yeah. Rebel, rebel and yell. Get out on the street, right now, in the middle of whatever it is you are doing, and just scream, dance the macarena, smell the grass, kiss a stranger, or just hug him if he ain't sexy enough for you, stare at a cloud, cry with a smile just because, laugh for a change, do anything completely unexpected, just for the sake of it. Make your presence in this world unique, uncomparable and plenty. It's the only way to really live, if you ask me -and you must be asking me, if not, what the hell are you doing reading my blog?-. Leave your anguish at the door, fuck the deadlines, spit in the face of the "what if" and give the finger to the man; this is your life and you only live it once, so to hell with everything else and get to it! Draw a self-portrait, build a house, learn to speak portuguese, cook a dinner for two and invite that girl you always hungered for, dye your hair purple, write a short story -or better yet, start a blog *wink wink*-, tell someone that for the very first time in your life, you really can feel the air filling your lungs and the blood pumping through your veins, do something smart, like just not talking for a whole day and listening to what the world has to say to you. Anyways, it's your life, it's your move, you decide what to do with it, don't let me spoil the fun of enjoying your freedom by giving you ideas and ruining the spontaneity of it all. So go on, just push "play&record" and start living experiences worthy of being called a part of your life. Go, go! There's the door, go through it and enjoy whatever it is that lies beyond. GO!!
lunes, 24 de septiembre de 2007
miércoles, 12 de septiembre de 2007
“Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky he is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'”
“Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.”
jueves, 6 de septiembre de 2007
lunes, 3 de septiembre de 2007
"The only source of knowledge, is experience"
1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
2. Don't worry about what people think of you, they don't do it very often.
3. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.
4. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
5. If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
6. Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
7. It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
8. For every action, there is an equal and opposite government program.
9. If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.
10. A person, who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.
11. A conscience is what hurts when all of your other parts feel so good.
13. Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
14. Men are from earth. Women are from earth. No matter what a book tells you.
15. Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the
16. A balanced diet is a burguer in each hand.
17. Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist change places.
18. Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
19. Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.
20. There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
21. Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.
22. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.
23. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is around age eleven.
24. Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
25. It's not the jeans that make your ass look fat.
26. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings".
27. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".
28. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
29. You should not confuse your career with your life.
30. Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
31. Never lick a steak knife.
32. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.
33. Your friends love you anyway.
martes, 28 de agosto de 2007
lunes, 27 de agosto de 2007
"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help, are you freed."...Buddha said this. That man knew his shit. I don't know if it was all that fasting or just a lucky strike of enlightened moments, but this man made some cool statements, most of which make my minute a little brighter (and I say "minute" and not "day" because I'm not an easy pesimistic guy, I'm one of the tough ones). Here's a fact for you: Buddha was thin. He was as slim as Franky Sinatra in those old cartoons, he's only sometimes pictured like that fat guy in all those statues and paintings because he was so full of joy, someone thought it'd be a nice idea to reflect his joyfulness with what could be called in this fast-food-days, an unhealthy obesity. Any how, the point of the quote, besides the obvious FEAR NOTHING message, was that I imagined it as the perfect first post for this blog. It's brave and in a very powerful way, optimistic, and i guess that balances the more agressive title of this post, which by the way I think is as true as the nice quote by the nice Buddha. This said, I think that everything has two sides. A darker side and a lighter side? perhaps, but in the end I think what matters is which side you choose to see or let go or triumph or... something something (I think the kid that plays Harry Potter said that). We all have a lighter, optimistic, careless, free, wild and topless side, while at the same time, we carry a darker, more grim, more depressing, more "I wanna cook your little puppy and serve it to you for breakfast" side. It's like that, there's not just plain good and plain bad, that would be plain boring, there's always two sides to a same coin, and if you are yet to control which side you're gonna show us, then just flip the coin and lets hope the lighter side of you ends up on top, for the sake of you and everyone around you.