lunes, 27 de agosto de 2007

Fear is your only God

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help, are you freed."
...Buddha said this. That man knew his shit. I don't know if it was all that fasting or just a lucky strike of enlightened moments, but this man made some cool statements, most of which make my minute a little brighter (and I say "minute" and not "day" because I'm not an easy pesimistic guy, I'm one of the tough ones). Here's a fact for you: Buddha was thin. He was as slim as Franky Sinatra in those old cartoons, he's only sometimes pictured like that fat guy in all those statues and paintings because he was so full of joy, someone thought it'd be a nice idea to reflect his joyfulness with what could be called in this fast-food-days, an unhealthy obesity. Any how, the point of the quote, besides the obvious FEAR NOTHING message, was that I imagined it as the perfect first post for this blog. It's brave and in a very powerful way, optimistic, and i guess that balances the more agressive title of this post, which by the way I think is as true as the nice quote by the nice Buddha. This said, I think that everything has two sides. A darker side and a lighter side? perhaps, but in the end I think what matters is which side you choose to see or let go or triumph or... something something (I think the kid that plays Harry Potter said that). We all have a lighter, optimistic, careless, free, wild and topless side, while at the same time, we carry a darker, more grim, more depressing, more "I wanna cook your little puppy and serve it to you for breakfast" side. It's like that, there's not just plain good and plain bad, that would be plain boring, there's always two sides to a same coin, and if you are yet to control which side you're gonna show us, then just flip the coin and lets hope the lighter side of you ends up on top, for the sake of you and everyone around you.

1 comentario:

Daniboi dijo...

There is a comic book of buddha by the same guy who did akira. I bet you didnt know THAT little tiny winny fact. Kudos!